1. First step for all victims of the Asset Land Inc, Asset Land Investments Plc or Asset Worldwide scam is to call Financial Conduct Authority (previously known as the Financial Services Authority – FSA) to report your experiences and details.
UK: 0800 111 6768 (freephone)
From abroad: +44 20 7066 1000
2. Citizens Advice has an agreement with Trading Standards to help you report a problem to them. To report to Trading Standards, you can contact the Citizens Advice consumer service and they will receive information relevant to Asset Land Inc, Asset Worldwide or Asset Investment Plc via this route. Trading Standards Authority are investigating Asset Land an may take criminal action against them so it is important report your investment or involvement.
Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline :
0208 1850 710 (local) 08454 04 05 06 (6p/min)
Report to Trading Standards via CAB with the online form
Citizens Advice Website (England) http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england.htm
Citizens Advice Contact Page HERE
3. If you paid for your investment or part of you investment by credit card then you my be entitled to compensation – contact you credit card provider to report the scam and the losses you have incurred.
4. Our current position, as advised by the FCA, is to wait out to hear the outcome from the Appeal against the successful High Court Case FCA vs Asset Land. The high court case was a civil court case to attempt to stop the scammers and may provide some degree of compensation to victims, the case may lead to further proceedings and criminal convictions. Asset Lands assets are frozen until the appeal is heard in the autumn of 2013.
See the full judgement here:
5. The FCA have a page about Asset Land here:
6. Please look at the page on becoming a member if you are interested in joining forces to recover your money www.assetlandscamgroup.wordpress.com/access-to-members-area/
Also see: FSA – Operation Bexley